Andrea is certified as a Yoga Health Coach (2017), an Ayurvedic Health Counselor (Kripalu, 2014), 500 Hour Professional Level Kripalu Yoga Teacher (2014), 200 Hour Certified Yoga Teacher (A2 Yoga). She has additional training in Restorative Justice & Restorative Practices, as well as Nonviolent Communication.
She meets with clients remotely and in person in the Flathead Valley in northwest Montana. Her services include:
BA Social Science: Youth Empowerment Studies; Sub-concentration: Spanish : December 2008
University of Michigan: Ann Arbor; Hatha Yoga Teacher Training : A2 Yoga: January 2013; 500 Hour Professional
Level Kripalu Yoga Teacher Training: March 2014; Ayurvedic Health Counselor Certification: Kripalu School of
Ayurveda: June 2014; Yoga Health Coaching Certification , Yoga Healer, May 2017
PAST WORK EXPERIENCE
Training and Outreach Director and Youth Program Director
Kalispell, Montana: August 2018 – January 2021
Farm Incubator Program Manager
Ann Arbor, MI, October 2010-December 2012
Michigan Director, The Young People’s Project, Inc. (TYPP)
Southeastern Michigan, June 2007 – September 2010
TRAINING and VOLUNTEER EXPERIENCE
● Nonviolent Communication Year Long Immersion Program, 2020 and 2021
● Resolutions Northwest Trauma-Informed Care and Restorative Practices, September - November 2020
● Introduction to Restorative Practices Training, International Institute of Restorative Practices, April 2019
● Big Sister, Big Brothers Big Sisters, Kalispell, MT, January 2016-present
● Co-host, Flathead Poetry Slam, October 2017- present
● Prison Creative Arts Project: Creative Writing facilitator, Huron Valley Women’s Correctional Facility, 2007-2010
When not practicing or teaching yoga or sharing Ayurveda with clients, Andrea enjoys growing, cooking, and sharing food with friends and family, hiking nearby trails with her dog, Porter, listening to live music, and continuing to learn and grow in all areas of her life.
Enjoy Andrea’s reflections of her own wellness journey on her podcast, and in her newsletter. If you’d like to ask Andrea a question that many others may also have, post it on her Facebook page. For additional questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.